Sunday, March 8, 2015

INTRODUCING OUR NEW AGILITY PUPS: SAILOR THE BOYKIN SPANIEL!

INTRODUCING SAILOR!
 
We have a lot of new LCDA competitors and club members who are in the training stages. Some have made their debut this fall and others are getting ready. We've all seen most of them at the field for trials or classes, but this series of blog posts on LCDA's Tips, Tricks, and Training will give you a chance to get to know them a little better! This week, meet Wanda's Sailor.


TTT: Let's start with the essentials: What's your pup's name, breed, and age.

WANDA: Backcreek’s Sailor Girl AKA Sailor Bug and Sailor Doodle, Boykin Spaniel, 2.5 years.

 
Wanda's Sailor showing off her jumping skills!
 
TTT: Now a bit of the story: when, where, why, and how did this pup come to you and agility?

WANDA: I have owned Boykin Spaniels longer than I would like to admit.  I knew that I wanted a smaller dog. So I went on the hunt for a dog that came from smaller parents, but had excellent health certifications. Also, the dog had to have a sweet personality. I found a breeder that my sister happened to know. He would call in the local kids to socialize the puppies. He had Show-me Boykins and one of his dogs had just sired a litter and he was to get the pick of the litter. So, the two of us drove up in the country to Mt Ulla NC and the two breeders and I picked out Sailor. Both breeders were excited to place a dog in an agility home.

 
TTT: What's been the most difficult part of incorporating your newest family member into your household? The most rewarding? 

WANDA: I think we all forget how hard basic puppy training is. I was very lucky to have Christine be my puppy sitter during Sailor’s first six months. Then Anne stole her from me. It is an ongoing joke between us. The most rewarding is her sweet personality. She loves all people and creatures. 

 
TTT: What challenges have you faced training this dog compared with others? What did he or she excel at? 

WANDA: Sailor took a long time to mature and I just let her be a puppy. A lot of the puppies that were coming up with her were much quicker to start competing. I just felt that she was not ready and that she needed to grow up. Sailor excels at counter surfing.  Without a doubt, she is one of the best counter surfer’s I have ever known. 

 
TTT: What has your training regimen been for this dog?  

WANDA: First I taught her to play. She learned to retrieve and to swim. These are things she should have a natural ability and love for. After that, I started obstacle training and we still train obstacles every time we go to the field. Thanks to Mary Evans, she has had a lot of obedience. I am in no hurry to move up with her. I have tried to take notes after every trial of things that we need to work on. I think her worst agility skill is jumping. She has terrible form. So, we are committed to working on jump training. Both of us find it boring, but I find it necessary. Other than the obedience, Sailor always thinks that we are just playing when we are training. If I were a better obedience trainer, she would think that was play too. She and I both hate obedience.

 
TTT:  What, if anything, have you learned or done training-wise with this dog that's new for you? 

WANDA: I did not enter her in a trial until I thought she was ready. I had a definition of ready. She had to be able to perform all of the obstacles to my criteria, she had to have a start line stay, and she had to stay engaged with me while in the ring. So instead of entering at 18 months old, she was 26 months old when she entered her first trial.

 
TTT:  Share your secrets: what's one silly thing you and your agility teammate do together when no one is looking? 

WANDA: Shower together. She loves it. She does not like the soap…just the water.  She thinks it is raining in the house.

 
TTT:  One word that best describes this pup:

WANDA: Brownsugar

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Nutra Mini - Who woulda' thunk we could get so much mileage from this thought? I've heard of a judgment often and it has always had enthusiastic reviews. You've got to be joking. Nutra Mini - would not make a lot of sense if I would embrace it anyhow. They need a slap on the back for that. It felt astonishing, correct? Well, that's work. My hypothesis is based around my assumption that most experts have a dissatisfaction concerning it.

    Keto Go Fit
    Drone Xtreme
    Ultraboost Wifi
    Toxifort
    Control X Keto Reviews
    Control X Keto Diet
    Keto Go Fit Diet
    Keto Go Fit Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't infantile people really only curious about your Tech Products? I'll tell you why it is essential in a minute. Despite that, take it easy and drink a cup of coffee. I ought to stretch every bit of cash. Tech Products is to be considered.



    PowerPro Energy Saver
    Mosquitron
    Buzz B Gone

    ReplyDelete
  3. A person with a substance use disorder may have serious withdrawal effects if they try to quit too abruptly or on their own. The dangers of detox can range from physical symptoms to psychological symptoms. For obvious reasons, young people with drug and alcohol addiction should not be given unfettered access to these or any other prescription medications.

    https://www.offerplox.com/regal-keto-reviews/

    https://www.offerplox.com/keto-burn-dx-reviews/
    https://www.offerplox.com/apple-keto-gummies-au/
    https://www.supplementz.org/glucotrust-reviews/
    https://www.supplementz.org/organixx-cbd-gummies/
    https://www.supplementz.org/ultra-proven/
    https://www.supplementz.org/exipure-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may need to give you with these details. It began in a small organization in a rural area. I wager you sense that I'm full of it. You should develop a mental picture of Diet Pills as though diet Pills is your best defense against this batch. OK, and I'll write you a blank check too. How do party crashers find invaluable Diet Pills classes?

    https://www.offerplox.com/weight-loss/dietoxone/

    https://www.offerplox.com/men-health/primal-beast/
    https://sites.google.com/view/primalbeastusa/
    https://www.offerplox.com/
    https://www.nutraket.com/pelican-cbd-gummies-reviews/
    https://www.nutraket.com/keto-diet-ozone-gummies/
    https://www.offerplox.com/e-commerce/stopwatt-device/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Importance of Passing the DP-203 Exam
    Passing the DP-203 exam is crucial for anyone looking to establish themselves as a skilled and knowledgeable data engineer. With the growing demand for professionals who can effectively manage and analyze data, obtaining this certification can open up numerous career opportunities.
    Passing the DP-203 exam validates your expertise in implementing Azure Data Solutions. It demonstrates to potential employers that you have mastered essential skills such as designing and implementing data storage solutions, managing security and compliance requirements, and optimizing performance.
    Moreover, achieving success in this exam showcases your commitment to professional growth and continuous learning. It highlights your dedication to staying updated with industry trends and technologies. Employers value individuals who are proactive in advancing their skills, making you a desirable candidate for various job roles within organizations across different sectors.

    Upto 70% Discount ON THIS https://dumpsarena.com/microsoft-dumps/dp-203/

    Latest Updates Await! >>>>> DP-203 Exam Dumps

    ReplyDelete